The HandyScoot™ is an electrically powered motor vehicle and failure to follow safe operating procedures could result in serious personal injury or death in addition to the injury or death of others. Driving a mobility scooter also requires a combination of good vision, strength, coordination, balance and concentration.
Specifically, you must be able to:
• Stand and walk independently or with limited assistance.
• Mount or dismount the mobility scooter without assistance or risk of falling.
• Have sufficient hand strength to operate the throttle and brake.
• Maintain and shift balance to accommodate inclines, declines and turns as described in the Users Instruction Manual.
• Steer and control the mobility scooter.
• Judge speeds, distances and slopes as well as recognize hazards and obstacles in your path including pedestrians and vehicles.