The HandyScoot is an electrically powered motor vehicle and failure to follow
safe operating procedures could result in serious personal injury or death in
addition to the injury or death of others. Driving a mobility scooter also requires
a combination of good vision, strength, coordination, balance and concentration.
Specifically, you must be able to:
• Stand and walk independently or with limited assistance.
• Mount or dismount the mobility scooter without assistance or risk of falling.
• Have sufficient hand strength to operate the throttle and brake.
• Maintain and shift balance to accommodate inclines, declines and turns as described in the Users Instruction Manual.
• Steer and control the mobility scooter.
• Judge speeds, distances and slopes as well as recognize hazards and obstacles in your path including pedestrians and vehicles.